Criminal Mischief & Destruction of Property
Vandalism and property damage can lead to charges such as criminal mischief, destruction of property and trespassing. Depending on the factors present in a case, you could face multiple charges that are accompanied by fines, jail time and other penalties in addition to any collateral consequences.
If you have been arrested or charged with a vandalism-related offense, call 970-493-3600 or toll free 888-830-9445 for a free initial consultation with a Fort Collins property damage attorney.
Attorney Helping Clients Facing Criminal Mischief Charges
Eric A. Sunness, Attorney At Law, LLC, has more than 25 years of legal experience defending northern Colorado residents accused of criminal mischief and destruction of property. Our approach is a proven one, based on hard work and honesty, which has earned us a stellar reputation among our peers.
Criminal mischief can include anything from vandalizing random cars to hitting a mailbox with a baseball bat. We defend against all levels of criminal mischief charges, including:
- Class four felony: Damage over $20,000 in value; can result in a penalty of up to six years in prison and $500,000 in fines
- Class five felony: Damage between $1,000 and $20,000; can result in a penalty of up to three years in prison and $100,000 in fines
- Class one misdemeanor: Damage between $500 and $1,000; can result in a penalty of 18 months in jail and $5,000 in fines
- Class two misdemeanor: Damage between $100 and $500; can result in penalties of up to one year in jail and $1,000 in fines
- Class three misdemeanor: Damage less than $100; can result in penalties of up to six months in jail and a $750 fine
Protect Your Rights By Contacting An Experienced Defense Lawyer
We will seek all possible defenses, keeping the pressure on the prosecution to prove there was criminal intent in any alleged act of vandalism. To discuss the specifics of your case in a free initial consultation, contact us online or call our firm at 970-493-3600 today.