Criminal Defense Allegations Are Serious. We Want To Help.
Since 1993, Eric A. Sunness, Attorney At Law, LLC, has defended northern Colorado residents accused of both felony and misdemeanor crimes. We are respected by the legal community and our clients for our straight-shooter approach to criminal defense work. We do not sugarcoat the truth with our criminal defense clients, and we do not hide the ball from the prosecution. Our goals are to set reasonable expectations with clients and work out reasonable resolutions with the prosecution.
If you have been arrested or charged with a crime, contact us today for a free consultation about your case.
The Criminal Defense Representation We Provide
Our lawyers and professional staff represent clients in Larimer and Weld counties in a wide variety of criminal and drunk driving cases, including:
- Battery, assault and other violent crimes
- Drug charges, including sales and possession
- Drug cultivation and manufacturing
- Theft, burglary, robbery and grand larceny
- Domestic abuse cases and restraining orders
- DUI/DWAI, reckless driving, speeding, driving without a license, driving without insurance and other traffic offenses
- Probation revocation
- Professional crimes, including white collar crimes, fraud and embezzlement
- Disorderly conduct and public intoxication
- Obstructing a peace officer and unlawful resistance of arrest
In every criminal case, our team reviews the evidence for constitutional violations and other problems. If any are found, we meet with the district attorney’s office to request that the charges be dropped. If dropping the charges is not possible, we will negotiate with the prosecutor’s office for a lesser charge or lower penalty. Although the majority of our cases are resolved without the need for a trial, we are accomplished and confident trial lawyers, and willingly take cases in front of a judge or jury when necessary to vindicate clients’ rights.
Contact Us For A Free Consultation
Our offices are conveniently located in Fort Collins near the Justice Center at the intersection of College Avenue and East Oak Street. We also meet clients at the jail when necessary. For answers to your criminal defense questions, you can reach us by telephone at 970-493-3600 or by submitting the online contact form.